Special Education Teacher - Temporary
Orchard Village is looking for a full-time Temporary Special Education Teacher. The assignment is June 4, 2018 to July 12, 2018 and may lead to a permanent position.
- The Special Ed Teacher is the case manager of a therapeutic, transition day school for students with disabilities, ages 17 - 22.
- Develop curriculum and plan daily schedules
- Develop and implement IEPs
- Coordinate with the Social Worker, Vocational Coordinator, and Teaching Assistants
- S/he must be creative and energetic to include both practical lessons and life skills
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- The job emphasizes teaching independence, vocational skills, achieving goals, and community integrated activities
- BA Special Education
- 2+ years of experience
- 2+ years experience with students in a classroom with Cross Categorical Disabilities
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record